Saturday 16 June 2012

Retro Electro June 2012



The second instalment in Electro Swing sweeping the West Midlands gripping Worcester firmly  by its tail feathers.
The Straight Aces got everybody warmed up and suitably lubricated with some fantastic dancing and some great tracks. I only wish I hadn't spent so much time on the door so I could have enjoyed more of their set. They may only be a 3 piece but they really pack a punch.

Khandie Khisses
 Khandie Khisses was a brilliant way to open the show with her swing act. Classically 'Noir' and definitely took the audience by storm. I have seen this performer previously and she is refreshingly frank and honest about, well everything! Character on and off stage I hope to see again :) and her second act (I'm naming it Queen Kong) was genius! Exactly what the audience weren't expecting and that's the way she likes it....

Miss Bailey Bliss

I loved the track (Devil Woman) that Miss Bailey Bliss used,thoroughly enjoyed her act (from side stage). A little bit of trouble getting the fire batons lit, but ever the professional! Pulled it off, no-one would ever know. A joy to work with.

Betsie Blaze - I must start off with the first and hopefully only apology for miss spelling names on posters lol Billed as Becca Blaze her bride act was well received and I like her more eccentric and modern take on Burlesque as an image.

Ginger La Rouge

Ginger La Rouge 's bought a little bit of magic to the proceedings. Thoroughly lovely. I would book all these acts again and it was a thoroughly enjoyable show! (If I do say so myself)

I would love to know what acts you've seen that got you hot under the collar? Which musical acts you've seen on a Burlesque night that really got your toes tapping and maybe you will see them and I will see you next time.


Aug 31st.... SSSSSssshhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell anyone :D x

All photographs used in this post Copyright of Cherry Atomic Studios 2012
All work is owned by CAS/Cherry Atomic/Cherry Atomic Studios 2008-2012.Killer Slick Photography 2010-2012.
All rights reserved

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for an awesome show! Hope to be back in the land of Worcester soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime sweets. I look forward to working with you again :) x

    ReplyDelete