Tuesday 17 November 2009

Suger Skulls and what not.....

Today Ive had a well deserved day off work and I've sat down and penned up some stuff to be inked. Ive started thinking about sell-able bits for Brixton Urban Art Festival next year. There is some amazing stuff there, last year I bought work by Dan Hillier (www.danhillier.com) i love the dark drawings and patterned backgrounds. He does original ink drawing kinda like what I do but much better lol.

So today I penned 3 drawings onto mount board (5.5 x 7.5 inch ish) to ink another day....




Ive been thinking a lot bout day of the dead and sugar skulls of recent, I want to track down some day of the dead events in the future in galleries etc. I was on searching for things earlier and found www.squidgyart.com.
This is a lady who is looking to raise money for charity next year by sending skulls out to artists to paint and sell on Ebay to raise money for hospices. I think Its an ace idea and I definitely would love to do one. Also check out her website anyway. Her paintings are very VERY good.




No comments:

Post a Comment