Wednesday 25 August 2010

Miss Hilton Ink. The next generation!

Im sooo excited. I rekon Im on the cusp of something very exciting. I've spent the past few weeks despairing about what I'm going to do with all my prints to make them much more presentable so that I can show customers the finished product to encourage them to picture within their minds eye, my work in their homes....

The answer in Upcycling. Following on from my boot sale bargains the other week I went charity shop shopping and to home ware stores buying up all the slightly damaged and broken frames that they are selling off cheap. It could mean getting glass cut, putting new hooks on or just replacing the wire on the back, even just filling in some chipping or paint damage but its fairly easy, cheap and it really finishes my work off well. Here are some recent examples. 

Skele-swallows print in upcycled frame. 

Check This Item out on my Etsy




"Worse things happen at sea II" 2010 in Upcycled frame.



Original piece in frame £120 






"Flick knives" 2010 (£60)
This frame was a well good find! Its a frame mounted into a white box frame that stands out from the wall by 2 inches. It makes my piece look really finished. 
The bonus of doing it this way is that most of my frames will be unique, making the pieces one off and also quirky, something a bit different to make my work stand out from the rest. 

I would <3 to know what you think xx



1 comment: